Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DAY TWENTY TWO - Monday April 16

DAY TWENTY TWO - Monday April 16

The start of week 4.  I can't believe that.  We're almost halfway through.

In the morning, I staged a group of chorus women who play 8 millionaire heiress friends of Mary (the title character).  We call them the Millionheiresses.  These are women who mostly sing with the chorus but sometimes have smaller roles.  I was impressed with their commitment, sense of comedy and focus.  So, in these fabulous costumes that Slava has designed, they'll be great.

Lunch at the Actors' House - remember, where Gregg and I went last week with Kirill - where his wife works.  We had a lovely lunch and showed Patti around the joint.

It turns out we're famous. In Asia. Well, in Russia. Well, in Ektarinburg. Well, in theatre circles. Well, at the actors' house. Well, on the bulletin board anyway.



A nice walk back to the theatre during which time we stopped to snap a few photos...

 Misha and Grisha

 Pisha and Grisha

Misha and Pisha

Another nap before rehearsal.

In the evening, Patti and I were together (Gregg too) working on musical staging.  First the romantic leads, then the comic leads.  But no one told us that we'd only have one of the three Prince Sandor's (romantic lead).  And that he had to leave an hour into rehearsal!  WHERE'S THE FREAKIN' STAGE MANAGER AS WE KNOW THEM??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good work done - however. I left a bit early when things turned to strict choreography to do some work at the room - and to Facetime with Janet and the kids. I can't say enough about how useful Skype and Facetime have been - it's pretty incredible that I can see their beautiful faces whenever I want - at least until the program cuts us off and we call back again, and again, and again. But, even with the interruptions, I'll take that any day to merely a phone call with a phone card - which I suppose was the only way just a few years ago.

After the rehearsal, Gregg and Patti hung out upstairs while I worked with Janet on her audition by Facetime.  After that, I joined them upstairs. But I was tired so it wasn't long before I hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment