Tuesday, April 3, 2012

DAY FIVE - Friday March 30

DAY FIVE - Friday March 30

THE FIRST DAY OF REHEARSAL!!!

The rehearsal room must have been filled with about 70 people.  We had both casts of principals (about 30) -some administrators (about 10), translators (about 2), a chorus (about 20) and some others.  A very full room. We did NOT have the ballet company (another 20 or so folks).


Kirill made his introductions and then I started my presentation.  Here are the first few minutes on video.

By the way - I always try and insert humor into my chats.  But Russian humor is very different from American (or this American's) humor.  I was proud to get a few laughs.  But there were some cricket moments when I waited for a laugh and none came.

By the way, the translater here is Irina Gugushina (Gugu for short).



After my presentation we started reading with a rather randomly selected collection of principals.  But it was clear these folks have lots of experience in theatre and also with comedy. There is a plethora of great character guys in this company. We only had 3 1/2 hours of rehearsal today because many of the folks were in "Fiddler" so we read the show once and will start with the other set of principals tomorrow.

We went to "the office" for lunch and I think just relaxed in the evening.  Well, I relaxed.  Patti started getting sick.  She ended up in bed for three days - well not entirely in bed - she spent lots of time in the bathroom, poor thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment