Tuesday, April 3, 2012

DAY NINE - Tuesday April 3

DAY NINE - Tuesday April 9

Tuesday's are the day off here.  So we were on our own all day.

I woke up to the following weather... outside my window, of course!



I reformatted my computer, did my prop list and made a floor plan to help me start staging as the floorplan I got from the technical director was not entirely useful.

We went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch/dinner which was surprisingly delicious.  This guy kept coming around with what looked like a watering can with a 4 foot spout - it was this delicious tea, poured through miles of brass - I'll try to get a picture the next time we go there.

Back home to (finally) update this blog - while Gregg is feverishly and thankfully translating my copious prop notes to get to the designer and technical director.

By the way, Patti is finally feeling better and based on her discussions on the subject of food - at restaurants - she seems to be something of a foody.  She identifies obscure ingredients in dishes and I am certain she is a wonderful cook.  But she keeps burning the freakin' toast upstairs and the whole mini-hotel smells like roasted cardboard boxes!  The microwaves apparently have a grilling function.  But as we don't read Russian, it is understandably difficult to negotiate properly.  I just went upstairs to check on her - and it's rather foggy in there!

Tomorrow, a big press conference to announce this show and the "American Spring" collaboration of which we are taking part.

But for now... good night!

P.S. It's also Janet's birthday tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment