Thursday, April 5, 2012

DAY TWELVE - Friday April 6

DAY TWELVE - Friday April 6

These few days we are working on music. So there was a chorus rehearsal in the first session (11-2) and principals during the second session (6-9).  But in between, something rather challenging had to happen.

I felt one of our romantic leads (a very talented baritone whom I have seen in a few shows here) is playing a tenor role.  And we all felt (he included) that the role was too high for him.  He gracefully and respectfully bowed out of the production so we are moving one of our comic leads to a romantic lead and moving up one of the gents in a smaller role to the comic lead.  I know it is best for the show but I think this same kind of thing happened to the same guy once before.  Ah, show biz.  Difference here is he's on salary whether he does this show or not.  They ALL are.

I was supposed to go to a service with Boris (the chief conductor) but apparently the rabbi's son got sick and he had to go to Israel for an operation.  So, no Passover in Russia for me.  I'll Skype in to the festivities at my parents' at 5AM Russia time!
Here are some rehearsal photos - and videos...
 Me, saying something from the heart.






And in the dance room...



This shot shows that Patti Colombo most definitely still has got IT!  She wanted me to note, however, that she is wearing Converse sneakers in which it is nigh on impossible to point.  Trust me, she's still got "point" too!

Here are some videos to show some of the great talent we've got.



















 












No comments:

Post a Comment