Monday, May 14, 2012

DAY FORTY SIX - Thursday May 10

DAY FORTY SIX - Thursday May 10

In the morning session, I worked with the new Bondy - catching him up - and Patti worked a large number with members of the chorus and ballet.

I think lunch was at the place I found that day I was wondering around on my own - Ratatouille.  In the evening, I was told that nobody was available to rehearse so I took a spin around the city in the afternoon and early evening.

I went to the big mall - but on the way found a nice office supply store, a place to buy a belt (luckily I ducked in during a brief, yet torrential, downpour) that I had forgotten to bring from home... and few tchochkes.  I'm still having trouble finding any clothing with Russian writing on it - everything is in English here.

During my travels, I came upon a club called "Garlem."  Photo below - of uppe-rish Manhattan on their logo.  There is no "H" sound in Russian - so Harlem becomes Garlem.  In our show, Hip Hip Hoorah becomes "Gip, Gip Oorah"!



When I got back to the theatre, I hung out with Patti in the ballet room as she reviewed some stuff and then worked a new idea we have of adding a gypsy dancer to the Prologue.

Post-rehearsals are generally spent upstairs with Grisha, Pisha and Disha in Patti's ante-chamber with pleasant wine, cheese and conversation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment