Monday, May 14, 2012

DAY FORTY SEVEN - Friday May 11

DAY FORTY SEVEN - Friday May 11

We had another of our massive rehearsals but we organized things a little bit differently.  During the first hour, Patti worked with the ballet company while I had the chorus with no principals.  I went through their entire show, explaining every moment, what they are doing there, what they want - basically something I should have done along time ago.  I assumed they would have made some of these decisions - but, of course, I keep forgetting that they don't get scripts to read - so not only do they not know what scenes comes after another, they don't know what is going on either!

So that was very helpful. We then got the full company together and attempted to get through all the massive scenes. We didn't quite achieve our goal but we did clarify a lot. Attitudes were much better today than any of the other days, so I guess that's progress.

In the evening, Patti and I traded off with the two leading couples. She'd dance one set while I was working with the other, and then we'd trade. I have been quite enjoying these small rehearsals where we clarify moments, working with the most eager of the performers we've met here.



No comments:

Post a Comment